Collection: IATF Requirement Axes
This is our collection of axes that meet the requirements set forth by the National Axe Throwing Federation.
Standard Throwing Axe (Hatchet) Requirements: see image 2.1 below
- The handle must be made made from wood, no other material is allowed;
The length must be a minimum of 13” long and cannot exceed a maximum of 17” long:
- This measurement begins from the bottom (butt) of the handle to the top of the axe head. See Image 2.1 (2.1.2);
- If any of the handle protrudes from the top of the axe head (eye) it does not count towards the minimum or maximum handle length. See Image 2.1 (2.1.1).
- The length must be a minimum of 13” long and cannot exceed a maximum of 17” long:
- The axe head must weigh between 1.25 and 1.75 pounds.
- The face (blade) of the axe must be no longer than 4".