This Axe is ordered and shipped from the supplier at time of order. Shipping speed may vary.
The Voyager, Helko's smallest hatchet, is practical for both the up-and-coming novice or the seasoned explorer. Compact and lightweight, this handy tool is a fine fit for scouting, camping, backpacking, or yard duty. If you need a dependable hatchet that not only looks fantastic but will last a lifetime, the Voyager is an excellent choice. The hammer-head poll can be used for light hammering work, such as pounding in tent stakes. The head is buffed and polished to a highly reflective finish which reduces cutting friction and improves rust resistance.
- Handmade in Wuppertal, Germany
- German C50 high grade carbon steel
- Open face drop forged, heat treated, and oil-hardened
- Polished to a highly reflective finish
- Helko crown hammered into cheek
- 53-56 HRC (Rockwell Hardness)
- Crafted in Switzerland
- Sustainably sourced Grade A American hickory
- Individually selected for strength, grain orientation, and density
- Boiled linseed oil finish, 150 grit smooth sanded
- Hung with hardwood wedge and notched steel ring wedge